Benchmark your competitors easily
Our goal here is to make sure you can benchmark your competitors’ digital marketing strategy easily and compare automatically what they’re doing, how many emails they’re sending, how many ads they’re publishing, etc.
You can also compare yourself amongst them - so you can see where you stand.
It allows you to do several things:
- Check what your competitors are doing,
- If they’re changing their strategy over time,
- Where do you rank amongst them,
- What are some of their best practices that they’re sticking to over time (hint: these are the ones you might want to have a look at!)
But let’s face it - it’s super time-consuming.
That’s why we’ve created a tool dedicated to benchmarks creation on Panoramata.
How to Create a Benchmark on Panoramata?
- Go to Benchmarks at the top left of your Panoramata dashboard.
- Create a new Benchmark by clicking on “Create new Benchmark”.
- Title (Optional): Give a title to the Benchmark and it's optional.
- Select main brand (Optional): If you want to compare a specific brand to the other brands in the benchmark, you can search for it via this field. Otherwise, you can leave it blank.
- Select Brands to Benchmark: Use this field to search and select up to 21 brands that you want to include in the benchmark.
Once the fields are filled in, you can create the benchmark by clicking on “Create Benchmark”.
Understand the different sections of a Benchmark:
In Panoramata’s Benchmark, there are several sections with data on emails and ads to analyze the best practices and strategies of the benchmark’s brands in terms of email marketing and advertising.
Before reviewing the different sections of the benchmark, the first part is to select the period you want to analyze:
By default, the data displayed in a benchmark always covers the last 30 days. However, it is also possible to select between the last 14 or 90 days.
Additionally, you have the option to pick the date range of your choice, and the changes in benchmark data are displayed instantly. This customization feature enables you to tailor the analysis to your specific needs and gain better insights into trends over a shorter or longer period of time.
Your own competitors’ Summary
This section, which serves as a summary, is divided into three parts:
- Emails sent by brand on average: This section displays the average number of emails sent by the selected brands.
- Ads published by brand on average: This part indicates the average number of advertisements published by the selected brands.
- Average Spam score: This section displays the average spam score of the selected brands.
To the right of each section, you can see a percentage value that indicates either an increase (in green) or a decrease (in red) compared to the previous period.
The "Performance" columns and your competitors sorting
The "Performance" columns
Before checking into each section of the benchmark in more detail, you may notice some columns "Performance" that are repeated in all benchmark tables.
These columns represent a classification relative to the average values of the selected brands:
- The performance is rated as "Good" if the brand has performed better than the average.
- The performance is rated as "Fair" if the value is equal or very close to the average.
- The performance is rated as "Poor" if the value is worse than the average.
Note: When it comes to the following metrics: "Emails Sent", "Email Scoring", "New Ads Detected", "Unique Copy", "New Images", and "New Videos", performing better means doing more than the average. However, when it comes to the "Average Spam Score" of emails or "Email Size", performing better means having a value lower than the average.
Displaying Values in Descending or Ascending Order:
In all tables of the benchmark, you have the option to organize the display of values in descending or ascending order according to your needs.
In the table above, brands are displayed based on the number of emails sent, in descending order, by clicking on the column title "Emails Sent" or the icon next to it. Similarly, you can sort the brands by email score "Email Scoring", in descending or ascending order, as well as sort the brands in alphabetical order in the "Brand" column in all benchmark tables.
You can switch between ascending and descending order values by clicking on the column header or the icon next to it.
Email Marketing Benchmark Breakdown
Email Marketing Benchmark Breakdown
The table displays the number of emails sent and the average email score of each brand. This score is calculated based on more than 50 parameters such as spam score, email authentication and certificates, email size, length of email subject, number of words and links, and more.
Note: By clicking on the "Search" icon in the last right-hand column of the two tables related to emails, you will be redirected to the list of all emails sent by the corresponding brand during the benchmark reference period.
Email Deliverability Performances
The table displays the average spam score and the average email size of each brand in the benchmark. These two pieces of information help assess how optimized emails are for delivery and whether they are likely to pass anti-spam filters and not end up in the promotions tab.
Weekly emails sent on average
This section shows a graphical representation of the average number of emails sent by all benchmarked brands per week in gray, along with three curves representing the emails sent by three brands of the benchmark in different colors.
Ads Benchmark Breakdown
Ad Velocity and Performance
In this table, we compare the velocity and performance of brands - how many ads were published by the brand "New Ads Detected" and how many new unique ad copies were used "Unique Copy".
Social Ads Diversity
In this table, we compare the diversity of advertising assets used by brands on social media, focusing on the ratio between images and videos:
- New Images: The number of new images used in recently detected ads.
- New Videos: The number of new videos used in recently detected ads.
Please note that, as with the email tables, by clicking on any of the small "search" icons in the last column on the right of each row, you will be redirected to the list of detected ads for the corresponding brand during the predefined benchmark period.
Weekly ads created on average
This section shows a graphical representation of the average number of ads published per week by all benchmarked brands in grey, along with three curves representing the number of ads published per week by only three brands of the benchmark in different colors. This visualization enables the comparison of the advertising performance of these three brands against the benchmark average.
Track it in your Dashboard, Share, and Create a List for your Benchmark
How to Pin a Benchmark?
Once the benchmark is created, you can pin it to your dashboard by clicking on "Pin on your dashboard" located at the top right of the benchmark page.
Assuming you have created three benchmarks titled: Pets Food, Luxury (Jewelry/Watches), Food & Meals and Snacks.
If you want to access the latest data of Pets Food and Snacks benchmarks from your dashboard, you can open each of the two benchmarks and click on "Pin on your dashboard". This will generate a tab for each benchmark, allowing you to view data for the last 14 days without leaving your dashboard. Additionally, both benchmarks will also appear in the left menu at the bottom of "Benchmarks".
If you no longer want a benchmark tab on your dashboard, you need to open the relevant benchmark and click on the star icon located in the top right corner next to the “Share” button.
How to Share a Benchmark?
To share the URL of a benchmark, click on the "Share" button and the URL will be automatically copied.
How to Create a List within a Benchmark?
To create a list of emails and/or ads specific to a benchmark, click on the "Create list" button and you will have three options:
- Create a list of all the emails sent and ads launched by the brands during the predefined benchmark period by clicking on "Add Emails & Ads".
- Create a list of all the emails sent by the brands during the predefined benchmark period by clicking on "Add Emails only".
- Create a list of the ads launched by the brands during the predefined benchmark period by clicking on "Add Ads only".