Good brands work hard to get their creative juices flowing and to get campaigns out. Smart eCommerce brands cut the “learning curve” by directly learning from their competitors. Competitor tracking is essential for any eCommerce brand’s success.
Competitors: You can’t live with them and you can’t live without them.
Plug into the best competitor analysis tools and you’ll have a wealth of information that’ll help you win.
You set out with the intention to dominate with information, data, knowledge, and a marketing setup that’s proactive (not reactive).
Here are some of the best tools for Competitor Analysis:
- Their own website!
Panoramata helps you improve marketing performance with better creatives, stunning ads, and highly-effective email marketing. It’s primarily a competitor tracking tool that also doubles up as a multi-pronged inspiration board.
You can access any brand and get straight to the brand’s profile along with the respective brand’s marketing assets (including ads, email campaigns, marketing journeys, sales funnels, and landing pages).
Get instant access to the marketing stack in use for each brand, specifics about campaigns ( frequency of emails, type of emails, subject lines used for emails), and more.
Sorted by industry, brand type, and more, you don’t have to follow 100+ different brands individually (logging in, checking out, subscribing to their emails, or following brand ads everywhere).
Semrush has -- for long now -- been one admirable swiss-army knife when it comes to SEM, SEO, ads, and social media.
With more than 17+ tools rolled into a single platform, Semrush is perfect for
- SEO audits
- Keyword research
- Content creation (along with it’s “opportunities analysis”, SEO writing assistant, and the “Keyword Magic tool”
- Backlinking analysis and finding linking opportunities for SEO
- On-Page SEO and finding opportunities with content strategy that you’d miss otherwise,
- Social media monitoring, social media tracking, and Social media posting (on schedule).
- Ad tracking for any website (find out what kind of ads other businesses run)
- Competitive analysis (across the board) -- for ads, content, SEO, marketing strategy, ads on Google, and more.
While Semrush takes an “all-in-one” approach to marketing and competitor tracking, Ahrefs is another popular tool that focuses squarely on content marketing and SEO with tools such as:
- A high-level dashboard of how your site (or other sites you are tracking) are doing, SEO wise.
- Site explorer (research competitor backlinks and site profiles)
- Keywords explorer (find winning keywords from their super-large database)
- Site audits (scan your website -- or other websites -- to see how well they do with their SEO)
- Rank Tracker (track ranking on search engines), and
- Content Explorer (find content ideas and opportunities to do well with content marketing)
Did you ever wonder what platform your competitors are using to host and manage their eCommerce site? Would you like to know if they have their Facebook Pixel (and other tracking pixels) on, and firing? How about the exact stack of marketing and tools your competitors use?
Learn all of that -- and more -- with Builtwith.
Builtwith is the “technology lookup” resource and it has been instrumental in letting anyone know the exact tools, hosting platforms, advertising platforms, and anything else connected with each website.
Using Builtwith, you’ll get a clear view of what’s connected to your competitor’s website -- the platform they use (such as Shopify or WordPress), the ad platforms they are on (Facebook? Twitter?), tracking scripts in use, and more.
You'll also get that info on Panoramata as well!