Track and learn from your competitors and you’d put yourself on an effective path. You pick from what’s already working for your competitors. No second-guessing, and there’s no need to reinvent the wheel.
You’d still need to tweak, fine-tune, change, and add your brand’s touch to everything you do though.
With tools like Panoramata, you can instantly look for a brand’s website changes, software tools the brand uses, SMS marketing, content strategy (including SEO and organic content), ads, and email marketing content.
The question is this: What exactly do you track and learn from your competitors? What should you pick and what can you ignore? Is there a way to narrow down and seek exactly what you should look for, instead of staring at your competitors’ websites on the screen?
Here is the exact set of things you should look for:
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Email Marketing, newsletters and Ads
- Software and Marketing Stack
- Content and Organic Traffic
Competitors Marketing Strategy
What does a brand do with its overall marketing strategy? Do they have organic content such as blogs or SEO-optimized pages? Does the particular brand you are looking at roll out and manage Google Shopping ads, Facebook Ads, regular Google Ads, Instagram ads, and so on?
Does the brand send out regular email marketing campaigns? If yes, what kind of emails do they send? What do those emails look like? What kind of visuals do those email marketing messages ship with? What about other marketing channels such as SMS marketing and so on?
Spend time trying to get a holistic view of a brand’s complete marketing strategy.
Competitors Email Marketing
Email marketing is a money-maker for eCommerce. You know it. We know it.
- How exactly are these email campaigns run?
- How many emails per day or per week?
- What is the frequency of these email messages?
- Does the brand send out automated email campaigns? One-off broadcast messages? Or both?
- What kind of subject lines are used for these emails? What’s the average character length of these emails? What’s the spam score? Do they use emojis (or not)?
- What time are these emails sent out? What do these emails contain? What kind of copy (or content) is used within these emails?
You don’t have to be a super sleuth or hire a detective agency. Using one simple tool like Panoramata puts all of this information (including the actual email messages) at your fingertips.
Software and Marketing Stack used
It’s likely that you use certain SaaS tools and marketing apps to run and manage your brand (notwithstanding the actual eCommerce platform used -- such as Shopify, WooCommerce, or BigCommerce).
Tools or marketing apps (also called “marketing stack”) can be categorized as follows:
- CMS, content management tools, or platforms used.
- Analytics tools (along with Google Analytics, Google tags, and Google Tag Manager)
- Pixels used for tracking (such as Facebook Pixel)
- Tools for Heatmap, click flow, and session replays.
- Email marketing tools used (Klaviyo, Mailchimp, or others)
- Customer service platforms used (Gorgias, Zendesk, and others)
Panoramata instantly gives you a quick view of the tools a particular brand uses for marketing, customer management, CMS, advertising, analytics, and more.
Content and SEO Traffic
Content marketing, Content Strategy, and SEO are often long-term and consistently performing marketing channels for eCommerce businesses and brands that put in the effort.
Are your competitors using content strategy, content marketing, and SEO? Are they powering their growth by using time-tested methods of inbound marketing?
If you found your particular competing brand on search (or if you ended up on their website through regular search), you know it’s working for them.
But you could do more: Using Panoramata, find out if your competitors have the makings of a well-optimized and robust content marketing or SEO strategy in place.
Instantly, get access to:
- Competitor’s domain rating.
- Estimated Organic Traffic per month (plus statistics to show performance compared to previous a period)
- Total ranking keywords (Top 100)
- Linked domains
- Backlink profile
These competitor organic marketing and SEO-related stats are updated every month.
Use Panoramata.co and get instant access to an ever-growing list of brands, across eCommerce niches.
Follow competitor brands and businesses. Get a quick sneak peek at your competition’s organic marketing profile, ad campaigns, email marketing campaigns, marketing journeys, sales flows, and the specific marketing stack each brand uses.